Saturday, August 16, 2014

Reading

I bought John Scalzi's Old Man's War not expecting much. The book turned out to be a one trick pony in terms of what made the title plausible, but the writing was good, and when I learned that there was a second book, I picked it up warily.  It was better than the original. Then I found that there was a third book,  and I picked it up too, a little more quickly.



Yesterday I saw the latest book in the series, The Human Division, had come out. I immediately picked it up. I didn't even look at it. I just picked it up. And now I am reading it.



I keep thinking get better please get better please get better.

2 comments:

RozWarren said...

Loved old mans war!! Reminded me of heinlein.

Cerulean Bill said...

I agree. And the successor novels are even better.

Except for this one.... which reads like fan fiction.