Friday, November 06, 2015

Perceptions

I really want to take the Republican candidates seriously, especially since there is a chance that one of them could win it all - even Trump.  I think oh surely NOT, then I look at Silvio Berlusconi and think oh crap. Amuse the masses, make them feel as if only they get you, you're their pal, their defense against the nameless terrors,  and they'll elect you. They'll give you the keys. It's been done. 

So I really want to take them seriously.  I don't want to just despise them reflexively, I want to honestly look at them, evaluate them.

But they're such idiots and liars!

4 comments:

Tabor said...

I do not want any of them, but Trump, even being such a liar, could be a refreshing change once he got into power. We have no idea what he is capable of. The others scare me to death!

Cerulean Bill said...

He would certainly be a difference. And he would likely spur me to check the requirements for French citizenship. Although I understand that I could remain a US citizen even if I lived in France all year long....

RozWarren said...

I'm voting for Hillary.

Cerulean Bill said...

Moi aussi. But I wish Bernie was part of that package.