Sunday, April 24, 2016

Observation

I don't like that many people.  I don't dislike people, its just that there are not all that many people about whom I care, whom, if something goes wrong for them, I will want to help, on the high end of the scale, or at least be willing to help without misgivings, at the low end.

As it happens, most of the people about whom I feel that way are French.  One is Canadian.  And two are American.  You can probably guess who those two are.

I am surprised that the people I like tend to be people I've met through Conversation Exchange.  That's not meant to imply that all of the connections there are without fault; I've met people there with whom there's been no emotional connection, no I like these people feeling.  But for several of them, right now -- one living in Lille, three living in Paris, one living in Toulouse,  one in Aix-en-Provence, one in Nice, one in Villelaure , and one in Lyon, plus one in Montreal -- I really like them.

Which is unusual for me.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Perhaps getting to know people does take time and you find that you do not want to waste time with people who are not simpatico. There are those who wear their hearts on their sleeves and like EVERYONE. But, for me, that is exhausting.

Cerulean Bill said...

My wife is good at caring. Me, I step back a foot. Or twenty.